Thursday 2 August 2012

Kama - Dimmu Borgir

This band was my first step into black metal. As lame as it may sound, at least I had to start somewhere!

In the past I was really into power metal only... But you can't focus on a single genre, not with metal! So I started to look for bands that had a similar sound to my favorite bands in other genres. Even though Dimmu has nothing to do with power metal, it had the symphonic element that I was crazy about in bands like Rhapsody and Dark Moor at that time.

So I had to check them out. And I'm glad I did. After listening to Dimmu A LOT, I started to open my mind to other bands in the black metal genre, even if Dimmu is not that well accepted in the black metal community. I don't care to be honest. I really enjoyed their music and specially their first albums, so I went to search for more bands in this genre and found tons of other awesome bands.

Also, Dimmu Borgir has the best digibook in my collection. "In Sorte Diaboli" digibook is a very VERY awesome piece of art. It includes a mirror so you can read the booklet. Also comes with a bonus dvd. Its nicely done and it amazed me for being a brazilian release! Usually those kind of editions are featured in jewel cases or simple digipaks, not in something so detailed and beautiful like this. See for yourself below!

Front

Back

For All Tid + Godless Savage Garden

In Sorte Diaboli Brazilian Digibook
In Sorte Diaboli Brazilian Digibook - Inside 1

In Sorte Diaboli Brazilian Digibook - Inside 2

In Sorte Diaboli Brazilian Digibook - Booklet and Mirror

In Sorte Diaboli Brazilian Digibook - Booklet and Mirror 

Shelf Vision
For more info on Dimmu Borgir: Metal-Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment